WomANZ has rules in place to keep the community a positive, productive and collaborative space.
By joining WomANZ, you agree to abide by the following:
- The WomANZ community is NOT a platform for self-promotion or exposure. We focus on creating a professional and supportive community to help members explore the best avenues and resources to grow their career.
- We do not tolerate any hateful conduct in the Discord that facilitates discrimination against religion, race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
- We do not tolerate any hateful conduct displayed on your public profiles (Twitch, Twitter, Instagram etc) that facilitates discrimination against religion, race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
- We follow the terms of service on the platforms that community members engage in (e.g. Twitch Terms of Service). If members are seen in breach of these rules, they risk being removed from the WomANZ community.
- This is a professional and positive community. Please refrain from arguing with other members. This also includes conversations that may be insensitive to others. If an argument occurs in the Discord, you will be advised to continue your argument elsewhere or to cease the conversation. Moderators will issue warnings to those who argue with others or continue to discuss topics that others find insensitive or distressing. If issues continue, you may risk being temporarily kicked or banned from the WomANZ community at admin discretion.
- Respect other members in the community. We foster a positive and diverse community and expect members to be considerate with others. This community does not promote or encourage “witch hunting” within our Discord. If someone has wronged you, we encourage you to ban and report. Do not encourage members of the community to hunt down the person and harass them online. These posts will be deleted if this occurs.
- Please don’t headhunt people in the community for events or articles. If you do have an event you would like community involvement with or are writing an article, please email email@example.com or ask Admins for permission before posting. We want this to be a supportive community and don’t want people to feel like their shared experiences may be exploited.
- Do not share/screenshot information discussed or shared in the community. Members must not use any shared experiences disclosed for personal, professional or financial gain.
- Be thoughtful when sharing newsworthy events or discussing certain topics as some may find it distressing. Please use content warnings or spoilers when discussing these topics wherever possible.
- Help us keep the community positive and productive. We’re always growing and learning and love feedback on how we can make WomANZ better. This is a collaborative initiative and can only grow from mixed insights and experiences.
- Please be considerate of the members who volunteer their time to run WomANZ. Their time dedicated to WomANZ is never expected but always appreciated.
- WomANZ is in no way, shape, or form an entity or economic community which provides legal, licensed, or sanctioned therapeutic or psychiatric help. Any advice or help provided by the community is done so on a non-professional basis and is not intended to supersede or act as a replacement for professional help.
If you breach any of the community guidelines or the rules, this may impact your membership within WomANZ, and the outcome of removal is done at the discretion of the moderators/administrators.
This is a growing document and may be updated from time to time. Last updated 22 July 2019.